I am a proud member of Blogtricity and was thrilled when they told me about the Appalachian Outdoors Smartwool PhD Outdoor Light Crew women’s socks up for review. Wool is an amazing fabric- especially with its wicking properties. Wool is also sustainable and I’ve read that Smartwool is very friendly to their sheep!
Appalachian Outdoors has been providing excellent outdoor clothing since 1974. They sell clothing and equipment for snowsports, hiking, climbing, fitness, travel, and more.
“The women’s PhD Outdoor Light Crew is one of Smartwool’s most versatile outdoor socks. Whether you are hiking, biking, running or just walking around town your feet will be comfortable all day long.”
- 4-Degree Fit System for all-day performance fit
- WOW™ technology in high density impact zones to reduce shock and abrasion
- Merino wool inside for moisture, temperature and odor control
- Duroyarn reinforcement for added comfort and durability
- Strategic mesh zones for maximum ventilation
- 76% Merino Wool, 23% Nylon, 1% Elastic
I am in love! The merino wool feels completely different on my feet, so I will just keep them away from my hands. 😉 The Light Crew Socks are tight on my feet and feel like warm soft slippers. My feet haven’t become sweaty when wearing them, even in warmer weather. I can’t wait to go hiking in them! The socks go up to my mid-calf and offer support from top to bottom. I highly recommend!
*disclaimer- Appalachian Outdoors sent me the Smartwool socks at no charge. This is no way alters my opinion- these are my personal thoughts & results.