Yes, I love Little Green Books! I was so excited that they came out with 2 new titles this month because Ella really enjoys reading them. They are fun, educational, visually appealing, and have that touch of innocence that every book should have. Plus, the earlier you teach your children about doing simple things to help the planet the likelier they will be to continue the routines.
Earth Day is next week and we are planning on planting our garden this weekend and cleaning up trash at our local park next week. Since Ella is only 3, I’ve had to talk about what the day entails so she will understand why we are cleaning up trash, planting a garden, and creating reused projects. She did understand picking up trash on the beach because of Max the green monster. And now she’s getting the concept of Earth Day thanks to This is Our World.This is Our World is a hardback book that is made with 70% recycled material. Each page contains a piece of a puzzle that your child can put together at the back of the book. There are 2 sides, so 2 puzzles that form a circle! This is Our World talks about planting trees, cleaning up the beaches, reusing materials, planting gardens and more! Basically the 3 R’s. The website says for ages 4-6, but I think any age child will enjoy this book! The puzzles pieces are taped down, so if a younger reader plays with the book, you don’t have to worry about a piece falling out.
Rules: You have until 11:59 p.m. EST May 10, 2010 to enter. The winner will be chosen by random.org and announced after they respond to the winning email. The winner has 48 hours to respond to the winning email, or a new winner will be chosen. You must leave your email address! This contest is open only to the US
EXTRA entries: You must complete the “How To Enter” before making any extra entries. Make sure you leave a comment for each extra entry and tell me which one.
2. Become a fan of Mkokopelli on FB, Follow Mkokopelli on Networked Blogs, Follow Mkokopelli on Twitter, or Follow my blog (1 each)
3. Subscribe to my blog by email (on the right sidebar) You must verify and be active at the time of the giveaway- those who are unverified will become disqualified
4. Blog, Tweet or send a message on FB and leave a link here (1 entry per day)
5. Enter another giveaway I have going on and tell me which one or leave a comment on a non-giveaway post (1 entry total)
6. Follow Simon & Schuster on Twitter
7. Become a Fan of Simon & Schuster on Facebook
8. Subscribe to the Little Green Blog RSS Feed
9. Sign up for the Kids Simon & Schuster Monthly Update
10. Grab my button and post on your blog, Facebook page, or myspace page and link back in a comment