I want to spend this week talking about some great Earth Day books for children and adults. I’ve had the pleasure to read some new amazing books over the past couple of weeks. I had high hopes of getting through 4 novels at the beach last week, but became a little distracted when I saw Ella run and jump into the 40 degree ocean. Gotta love little ones!
I was very excited to receive the newest edition to Little Green Books, I Can Save The Ocean- The Little Green Monster Cleans Up The Beach. This was perfect to read before we went to the beach and while we were there. Ella saw some trash while we were walking and wanted to throw it away just like the Max- the little green monster. I love how even preschoolers can pick up on the Little Green Books concepts!
This beautifully illustrated hardback book is about Max the adorable fuzzy green monster who loves to go to the ocean. At first, Max didn’t like to clean up after himself and left his trash on the beach. Then one day he went to explore the tide pools and saw lots of pollution. Max realized the trash made the ocean ugly, so he decided to help clean up the beaches. Max then started to spread the message to everyone that we need to make an effort to keep the ocean clean! When Max returned from his beach trip, he learned all of the things he can do from home to help keep the ocean beautiful. This is a wonderful journey for your child to go on before a trip to the ocean or just for reading enjoyment. These are simple concepts that truly make a hug difference!
The end of the book has a list of new words your child and Max have learned by the book. Each new word has a simple description that your child will easily understand. Here is an example for biodegradable: “Things like vegetables and paper that decompose naturally and will not harm the environment.”
All of the Little Green Books are printed on 100% recycled paper and printed with vibrant 100% vegetable based inks to help do their part in helping our environment. You can get I Can Save The Ocean at Simon & Schuster for $6.99.
The Giveaway: Little Green Books would like to give 4 readers a copy of I Can Save The Ocean
Rules: You have until 11:59 p.m. EST May 10, 2010 to enter. The winner will be chosen by random.org and announced after they respond to the winning email. The winner has 48 hours to respond to the winning email, or a new winner will be chosen. You must leave your email address! This contest is open only to the US
EXTRA entries: You must complete the “How To Enter” before making any extra entries. Make sure you leave a comment for each extra entry and tell me which one.
2. Become a fan of Mkokopelli on FB, Follow Mkokopelli on Networked Blogs, Follow Mkokopelli on Twitter, or Follow my blog (1 each)
3. Subscribe to my blog by email (on the right sidebar) You must verify and be active at the time of the giveaway- those who are unverified will become disqualified
4. Blog, Tweet or send a message on FB and leave a link here (1 entry per day)
5. Enter another giveaway I have going on and tell me which one or leave a comment on a non-giveaway post (1 entry total)
6. Go to Little Green Books and tell me a Green Tip, a Glossary term, or something that you learned
7. Become a Fan of Simon and Schuster on Facebook
8. Subscribe to the Little Green Blog RSS Feed
9. Tell me your favorite Little Green Web Game
10. Grab my button and post on your blog, Facebook page, or myspace page and link back in a comment